Summary of Confirmation Topics from 11/13 Parent Meeting
1) On Dec 3rd, there will be a 10am Mass in the LOWER CHURCH for our Confirmation students and their families. The Rite of Inscription will follow immediately after the Mass in the Lower Church. All are invited to the Annunciation Gym for refreshments afterward.
2) On Thursday, March 1st, the following items are due to the Religious Education Office:
Signed Sponsor Form: As your child picks his or her sponsor, please be aware that the sponsor must be a confirmed, practicing Catholic over the age of 16 who is able to get a signed Sponsor Form from his or her parish.
Letter to Pastor: This letter, written by your child, has 3 topics
1) Why do you want to be confirmed?
2) What is your Confirmation name and why did you choose that name?
3) Who is your Sponsor and why did you choose that person?
Christian Activity Log: Ten hours are required and the parent signs off on all of the activities.
The activity should be unpaid and something new and special as part of Confirmation preparation.
If you need some ideas, here are two:
Children’s Liturgy from 9:30am-11:30am on Sunday morning. Sign up here.
Westchester Food Bank has regular opportunities but a parent must accompany children. Sign up here.
Confirmation Fee: $125 which may be paid by check to Annunciation-Our Lady of Fatima Parish, cash or on-line payment.
3) Confirmation Practice: There is one practice scheduled. An adult—either their Sponsor or a parent, should accompany each Confirmation Candidate.
For 10AM Confirmation: Practice is Mon, Apr 16 from 6:30-8pm at Annunciation Church
For 1PM Confirmation: Practice is Thursday, Apr 19th 6:30-8pm at Annunciation Church
4) General Details about the Confirmation Ceremony
****There are 2 Confirmation Masses this year – 10am and 1pm on SATURDAY, APRIL 21st****
Ceremony Assignment: Students with last names beginning with A-J are assigned to the 10am Mass. Students with last names beginning with K-Z are assigned to the 1pm Mass. If you have a need to change your assigned Mass, please e-mail me and I will try to accommodate.
Tickets: Each family will receive 4 tickets. Seats will be assigned. There are a limited number of extra tickets. Please e-mail me if you would like extra tickets.
Dress Code: The students wear robes. Formal shoes are required—no sneakers, no flip-flops. Boys should wear dress pants, socks, shoes, shirt and tie. Girls should wear dress or dress pants.
Photographer: The photographer will be available before the ceremony for formal portraits.
(There will NOT be a simulcast downstairs or videographer.)