The Religious Education Program at Annunciation-Our Lady of Fatima assists parents in religious formation of their children (grades 1-7) as Roman Catholics through:
- weekly lessons created by faith-filled adults who engage and challenge students to a deeper understanding of Jesus Christ with the goal of a more personal and spiritual relationship with Him.
- a community environment where all families feel welcome and enthusiastic in their love for Jesus Christ and the practice of the Roman Catholic faith.
- prayer and reflection based in sacred scripture and sacred tradition including monthly communal experiences of Catholic practices such as Stations of the Cross and the Rosary.
- seasonal celebrations of the Church year to foster enjoyment of the Church’s sacred traditions.
- special events to prepare students and their parents for the celebration of First Eucharist, First Reconciliation and Confirmation.
Our program follows the Archdiocesan Curriculum Guidelines which may be found here for Grades 1-6 and here for Grade 7 and 8. Please note that our 6th and 7th grade curriculum include summer work in order to complete the curriculum by Grade 7.
Due to Covid-19, our Religious Education program for 2020-2021 is a hybrid model of weekly at-home assignments and monthly in-person sessions in the church. Please see the Parent Handbook Addendum for more details. Our meeting dates can be found on the Religious Education Calendar.
Students enrolled in the Special Needs Religious Education Program will meet monthly at Our Lady of Fatima Church and will have at-home lessons provided to them. Please see SN Religious Education Calendar .
Families interested in learning more about our Special Needs Religious Education program, please contact our Coordinator, Doreen Napolitano at email@example.com
An option to home school is available for parish families. Please contact the Director of Religious Education Mary Rose at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- $225 for 1 child
- $310 for 2 children
- $375 for 3 or more children
- $100 for First Communion (2nd Grade)
- $150 for Confirmation (7th Grade)
Annual Parish Support:
- $300 per family
For new families and incoming first graders, please go to On-Line Registration Form. Please submit a copy of your child’s baptismal certificate. New registrations cannot be accepted without a copy of the baptismal certificate.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If your family has not already registered with the parish, please do so before submitting your registration forms. You may register on-line at www.annunciation-fatima.com/new-to-our-parish .
For returning students, please go to the On-Line Re-registration form.
2020-2021 Religious Education registration fees:
1 child $525 ($225 registration fee + $300 annual contribution to the parish)
2 children $610 ($310 registration fee + $300 annual contribution to the parish)
3 or more children $675 ($375 registration fee + $300 annual contribution to the parish)
Due Dates: Families should submit the forms and payment by September 30, 2020 for the 2020-2021 session.
Special Needs Program: Parents of students with special needs must contact the Coordinator for Religious Education for Students with Special Needs, email@example.com, for class placement.
If you have any questions, please contact the Religious Education Office via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for your commitment to religious education for your family! We look forward to working with you this year!
Mary M. Rose, Director of Religious Education
Doreen L. Napolitano, Coordinator for Special Needs Religious Education