The Religious Education Program at Annunciation-Our Lady of Fatima assists parents in religious formation of their children (grades 1-7) as Roman Catholics through:
- weekly student sessions led by faith-filled adults who engage and challenge students to a deeper understanding of Jesus Christ with the goal of a more personal and spiritual relationship with Him.
- prayer and reflection based in sacred scripture and sacred tradition including monthly communal experiences of Catholic practices such as Stations of the Cross and the Rosary.
- seasonal celebrations of the Church year to foster enjoyment of the Church’s sacred traditions.
- special events to prepare students and their parents for the celebration of First Eucharist, First Reconciliation and Confirmation.
- a community environment where all families feel welcome and enthusiastic in their love for Jesus Christ and the practice of the Roman Catholic faith.
Our program follows the Archdiocesan Curriculum Guidelines which may be found here. Please note that our 6th and 7th grade curriculum include summer work in order to complete the curriculum by Grade 7.
NEW INFORMATION REGARDING RELIGIOUS EDUCATION FOR THE 2020-2021 YEAR WILL BE ANNOUNCED AS SOON AS WE KNOW MORE ABOUT THE PUBLIC SCHOOL SCHEDULE FOR THE FALL.
In the past, general Religious Education sessions meet on Wednesdays at Annunciation School beginning in the middle of September and ending the last week of May. Grades 1-5 meet from 3:30-5PM. Grades 6 & 7 meet from 7-8:30PM. Please see Religious Education Calendar.
An option to home school is available to parish families. Please contact the Director of Religious Education, Mary Rose, at email@example.com.
Religious Education sessions for students with special needs meet on either Tuesdays or Thursdays at the Pope Francis Mercy Center beginning the third week of September and ending the last week of May. Please see SN Religious Education Calendar.
Families interested in learning more about our Special Needs Religious Education program, please contact our Coordinator, Doreen Napolitano at firstname.lastname@example.org
- $225 for 1 child
- $310 for 2 children
- $375 for 3 or more children
- $100 for First Communion (2nd Grade)
- $150 for Confirmation (7th Grade)
Annual Parish Support:
- $300 per family
The 2019-20 registration process is:
1.) Fill out the registration form. Please be sure to fill out both pages completely and sign the bottom of the second page. If your child has allergies, please fill out the allergy agreement.
2.) If you are registering a 1st year student or a new student, please attach a copy of his or her baptismal certificate to the application form. New registrations cannot be accepted without a copy of the baptismal certificate.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If your family has not already registered with the parish, please do so before submitting your registration forms. You may register on-line at www.annunciation-fatima.com/new-to-our-parish .
3.) Pay the registration fee either using a check or cash attached to the registration form OR paying on-line at www.annunciation-fatima.com/religious-education/fee-payments.
2019-2020 Religious Education registration fees:
1 child $525 ($225 registration fee + $300 annual contribution to the parish)
2 children $610 ($310 registration fee + $300 annual contribution to the parish)
3 or more children $675 ($375 registration fee + $300 annual contribution to the parish)
4.) Return your completed and signed forms in any of the following ways:
- Drop off at any time to the Annunciation-Our Lady of Fatima Rectory, 470 Westchester Avenue.
- Mailed, Attn: Mary Rose, Annunciation – OLF Rel Ed, 470 Westchester Ave, Tuckahoe, NY 10707
- In-person on Wednesday, September 4, 2019 from 3:30-6pm in the Annunciation School Gym.
General Religious Education sessions begin on Wednesday, September 11th in the Annunciation School gym.
Special Needs Religious Education sessions begin either Tuesday, September 17th or Thursday, September 19th at the Pope Francis Mercy Center.
Due Dates: Families should submit the forms and payment by September 6, 2019 for the September 2019 session.
Special Needs Program: Parents of students with special needs must contact the Coordinator for Religious Education for Students with Special Needs, email@example.com, for class placement.
If you have any questions, please contact the Religious Education Office via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for your commitment to religious education for your family! We look forward to seeing you in September.
Mary M. Rose, Director of Religious Education
Doreen L. Napolitano, Coordinator for Special Needs Religious Education