The Religious Education Program at Annunciation-Our Lady of Fatima assists parents in religious formation of their children (grades 1-8) as Roman Catholics through:
- weekly student sessions led by faith-filled adults who engage and challenge students to a deeper understanding of Jesus Christ with the goal of a more personal and spiritual relationship with Him.
- prayer and reflection based in sacred scripture and sacred tradition including monthly communal experiences of Catholic practices such as Stations of the Cross and the Rosary.
- seasonal celebrations of the Church year to foster enjoyment of the Church’s sacred traditions.
- special events to prepare students and their parents for the celebration of First Eucharist, First Reconciliation and Confirmation.
- a community environment where all families feel welcome and enthusiastic in their love for Jesus Christ and the practice of the Roman Catholic faith.
General Religious Education sessions meet on Wednesdays at Annunciation School beginning in the middle of September and ending the last week of May. Grades 1-5 meet from 3:30-5PM. Grades 6-8 meet from 7-8:30PM. Please see Religious Education Calendar.
Religious Education sessions for students with special needs meet on either Tuesdays or Thursdays at the Pope Francis Mercy Center (Fatima Rectory) beginning the third week of September and ending the last week of May. Please see SN Religious Education Calendar.
An option to home school is available to families. Please contact the Director of Religious Education, Mary Rose, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are 3 forms that must be completed:
- Registration Form
- Authorization Form and Student Safety Form (Should be signed and mailed in with payment)
- For all families: PDF of Authorization and Safety Form to download and print
Families should submit the forms and payment by September 8, 2017 for the September 2017 session. Parents of students with special needs must contact the Coordinator for Religious Education for Students with Special Needs, Doreen Napolitano, at Doreen.Napolitano@verizon.net for class placement.
- $225 for 1 child
- $300 for 2 children
- $365 for 3 or more children
- $100 for First Communion (2nd Grade)
- $125 for Confirmation (7th or 8th Grade)
Annual Parish Support:
- $300 per family (collected by Church envelopes, the ParishPay app or direct payment to the Rectory)